Senior Instrument Engineer
Company: ANOTECH ENERGY
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: January 12, 2022
*Must be eligible to work in the US, without the need for a
Anotech is currently looking to hire a Senior Instrument Engineer,
for one of our Oil & Gas, Energy clients. This is a contract
position with our client located in Port Arthur, TX for a
Senior Instrument Engineer (Ethane Cracker Specific)
- Oversee (Support Large Capital Projects in) the design,
selection, configuration, maintenance, and documentation for
Instrument systems at the Ethane Cracker Unit and refinery.
- Assist plant maintenance groups daily in troubleshooting and
repair for plant Instrumentation and provide training for said
equipment. Monitor and revising instrument repair procedures that
are not "best in practice".
- Provide instrument engineering services, and or guidance for
refinery capital, expense, and during turn-around activities
projects to ensure refinery standards are met (PARES).
- Identify and eliminating "bad actor" instrument installations
to reduce cost and improve production.
- Develop and issue Management of Change documentation required
to satisfy OSHA PSM 29-CFR-1910.
- Investigate equipment failures and issue change recommendations
to eliminate further occurrences.
- Develop and issue installed cost estimates for instrumentation
improvement projects so that equipment owners can make informed
- Review, research and recommend instrumentation projects
necessary to maintain instrumentation reliability on the process
- Serve as instrument engineer for process hazard analysis (PHA)
and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Meetings.
Context & Environment:
- This position combines an understanding of I&E engineering
principles, and refinery unit operations and overall profitability
to assure that these systems function properly.
- The incumbent continually evaluates the rapidly changing
instrument field to assure that the refinery selects the most
modern, cost-effective, compatible equipment for new and retrofit
projects. This person fosters a customer service attitude to
provide the refinery with leadership in the instrument field and
takes a leadership position in sharing information in this field
with all interested parties at the refinery and corporate
- Provide guidance to the management team in all matters of
- Develop and/or update the existing instrumentation engineering
standards and establish guidelines for preventative and predictive
- Due to the nature of the job there is a risk of exposure to
electrical arc blasts, electrical fires, and electrical shock, and
will require working in all units of the refinery is, including
- BS Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a petrochemical facility,
Ethane Cracker Unit experience preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in ISA, ANSI, NEC, NESC, IEEE, and
OSHA 1910 standards as they apply to electrical equipment and safe
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- This position requires daily interface with many disciplines
within the refinery, with special emphasis on the ability to
successfully communicate technical issues to non-Instrument
personnel to assist them in making sound and safe decisions.
- On call 24/7.
- Extended work hours/schedules sometimes required during
turn-around or project activities.
- Ability to lead by example, logical problem-solving skills,
works well in team environment, able to manage multiple/changing
- Familiarity with INTOOLS
Keywords: ANOTECH ENERGY, Port Arthur , Senior Instrument Engineer, Engineering , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!