Project Engineer / Project Specialist
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: June 20, 2022
You may not realize it, but you've likely used a product today
made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron
Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food
packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more
than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a "small
company feel" and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and
inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they
like best about their job, and universally, the answer is "the
people I work with!" We value work-life balance, and love to see
our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has
never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If
you're ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being
the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Purpose/IntroductionWe are seeking a Project Engineer/Project
Specialist to join our team at the Port Arthur, Texas facility.
This position will manage capital improvement and expense projects
at the Port Arthur facility using the Chevron Project Development
and Execution Process (CPDEP) and Small Expense Project Process for
project development. The Project Team at Port Arthur manages
projects up to $20MM with most of the projects in the $250M to $2MM
- Design and execute capital and expense projects including
modification and/or addition to facilities according to appropriate
Chevron Phillips Engineering Standards.
- Responsible for taking a project from conception, through
detailed design and to financial closure after construction
including managing the development and evaluation of all
appropriate PSI and PSM documentation.
- Facilitates the preparation and control of project scope,
justification, economic analysis, schedule, construction and
management execution using the company CPDEP project development
- Coordinates activities of the integrated project team generally
including representatives from engineering, operations,
maintenance, environmental, safety, plant management and the
product line SBU.
- Gathering and assembling the approval documentation for project
- Interfaces with Field Construction Representative to ensure
project execution and safety policies are consistently followed for
all project assignments.Responsibilities (continued)
- Managing the schedule progress and cost control through all
phases of the project.
- Applies the concept of proactive safety in executing
- Reporting progress and forecasting costs on a regular
- Ensures that all corporate and industry design and SID
Standards are followed during all phases of engineering
development, funding and implementation.
- Provides engineering and design support to plant as required,
including selection and procurement of engineering equipment and
- May mentor new engineers.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of
experience in project management OR a Bachelor's Degree (any
discipline) with at least 10 years of experience in project
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be capable of managing multiple assignments, people and
projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must also possess excellent verbal and written communication
skills and impart a positive attitude with developed interpersonal
skills to resolve plant issues and challenges with other functional
- Knowledge of industry design codes and practices, safe design
practices, process safety and a commitment to personnel
- Experience working in the chemical industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with Primavera, Aspen In-Plant Cost Estimator,
SharePoint, and MS Access.
- Basic knowledge of scheduling and cost estimating
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a
comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the
web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in
applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply,
please contact our Human Resources Service Center at
1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place
between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
("Company") and an authorized Company representative makes a
written request to the agency to assist with this requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%Eligibility for Relocation: YesClosing
Nearest Major Market: Beaumont
Job Segment: Facilities, Construction, Project Engineer,
Electronics Engineer, Project Manager, Operations, Engineering,
Keywords: CPChem, Port Arthur , Project Engineer / Project Specialist, Engineering , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!