Project Cost Engineer
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: November 15, 2023
At Motiva Enterprises LLC, our key asset is our people. We have
over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our mission
- to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the
world. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based
in Port Arthur, Texas, along with a petrochemical facility and
supporting logistics. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are an
integral part of the downstream group within Aramco. Position
Overview: The Project Cost Engineer aids the Project Engineer in
managing, reporting, and controlling the overall project cost
effort. The Project Cost Engineer is also responsible for recording
business activities and preparing periodic financial reports that
inform Senior Management about project progress.
- Support the delivery of consistent and appropriate cost
management structures for portfolio of small, medium, and large
- Create and maintain project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in
- Support the development of project Cost Breakdown Structures
(CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Ensure that purchase orders and work orders are setup in
accordance with established WBS structures and project
- Perform monthly SOX control review of project open commitments
and actual costs to identify any misallocation of costs,
unauthorized or incorrect capitalization of labor or overheads, and
expenditures to ensure posting to the appropriate WBS
- Complete / Calculate / Verify monthly updates of Value of Work
Done in SAP to post accruals.
- Work closely with the project team to develop project
expenditure flow forecast and update monthly.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face
of commercial pressure and optimism from the project teams.
- Complete monthly forecast updates to maintain accurate
reporting of Latest Estimate/Estimate at Completion.
- Ensure project team follows Change Management Procedures and
- Develop and implement project contingency drawdown plans.
- Monitor commitments and actuals on a regular basis to ensure
expenditures are in accordance with plans.
- Utilize project schedules and earned value reporting to
understand impact on project cost.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly project cost
reports. Lead monthly project review meetings and assist Project
Cost Controls Lead in reviewing monthly reports.
- Ensure project closeout is completed in a timely manner
following mechanical completion.
- Assist with the roll-out of emerging company standard tools and
processes and apply them on projects.
- Support / complete project completion evaluations.
- Work closely with project scheduling to verify field
- Participate in constructability reviews and contracting
strategy development, as well as other project front end
development activities. Experience and Qualifications:Basic
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience supporting Capital Projects in the
refining, manufacturing, or petrochemical industry
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how to manage and share critical knowledge and
information to stakeholders
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite of software (Excel,
PowerPoint, etc.)Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or
- 10+ years of experience working in Project Controls, supporting
- Strong working knowledge of SAPPhysical Requirements:
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment,
including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in
designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves,
heeled boots, and hearing protection)
Keywords: Motiva, Port Arthur , Project Cost Engineer, Engineering , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!