Account Manager - Lake Charles, LA.
Company: Airgas Inc
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: November 15, 2020
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the sales process
and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales
territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. Account
Manager will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and
regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management,
and customer retention within their assigned territory. Our Account
Managers sell industrial, medical, and specialty gases and
equipment, welding products and equipment, tools and hardware and
safety products. Account Managers advises customer on available
safety supplies, welding products, and processes to follow to
complete the customers tasks and get the job done safely and
efficiently. Other key responsibilities include all aspects of
customer service, sales, A/R, training, cylinder issues, general
disputes and solving these issues to the customers satisfaction.
Finally, this position must effectively communicate with all
process leaders, which is crucial to the success of the Account
Manager. Direct communication with District, Branch, Sales, and
Plant Managers regularly and when necessary, all other Managers or
process leaders to facilitate 100% customer service and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing
accounts, focusing on customer retention and growing existing
* Recognizes and expands opportunities at existing customers
bringing solutions and value to customers.
* Submits sales activity report, including weekly itineraries and
other reports as requested, to District Manager on a regular
* Completes and submits sales-related paperwork, including call
reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, expense reports,
mileage reports, etc., accurately and in a timely manner.
* Acts as liaison between customer and company with regard to
pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and
* Ensures that customer inquiries related to billing problems,
cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are
promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as
* Actively pursues and acquires, on an on-going basis, new and
competitive accounts and compiles lists of prospective customers
for the District Manager to use as sales leads.
* Prequalifies possible business leads to District Managers.
* Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product
knowledge for all Airgas products and processes.
* Displays or demonstrates products to customers and emphasizes
specialty features and supports and implements marketing plans,
promotions and new product launches
* Lead and promote safety, organize safety meetings and strictly
enforce safety rules.
* Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures
and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal
* Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at
* Minimum of 2 years experience in professional sales
* Minimum of 3 years experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of
Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
* Must be willing to travel 70% of the time, within your assigned
* Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer
* Must have a valid driver's license
* SAP Experience
* Experience establishing new business or new accounts
* 3 years experience in the welding industry
* 5 years experience in outside sales
* Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year
College or technical school, or two to five years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education
* Bachelors Degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to talk to and hear customers. The associate frequently is
required to sit while traveling from sales call to sales call and
while conducting administrative and sales duties. The associate is
frequently required to stand while servicing a customer, walk while
demonstrating a product, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and
reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds in the course of demonstrating a
product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and
outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
This position requires travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly
within the area and by personal vehicle.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Port Arthur , Account Manager - Lake Charles, LA., Executive , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!