Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Day - PRN
Company: Exceptional Healthcare Inc.
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides direct and indirect
patient care in the emergency care setting under the supervision of
a Registered Nurse (RN) and within the Scope of Practice as set
forth in the State Board of Nursing and Nurse Practice Act for the
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). Assists the RN's and physicians in
providing technical care of the patients by: documenting vital
signs, performing phlebotomy and IV starts, performing EKGs,
transporting patients, placing patient on cardiac and vital sign
monitors, performing Point of Care Testing, performing wound care
and obtaining lab specimens and documenting all care/procedures
provided.The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for
providing safe, compassionate, and focused nursing care to assigned
patients with predictable health care needs.
- Assists the physician with physical exams, diagnostic and
- Applies a variety of orthopedic splints and fits patients for
- Cleans equipment and workspace (including patient rooms,
restrooms, waiting room, and nurse's station).
- Ensures there is a sufficient amount of lab supplies, linens,
stock room supplies on hand.
- Assists with unloading and stocking supplies.
- Performs daily checks of emergency equipment in each room.
- Responsible for changing out Sharp's containers.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and reports to Facility
Director for repair.
- Determines priorities of care based on physical and
psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow
through the system.
- Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes
in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- Maintains awareness of current ER operational policies and
procedures which impact position responsibilities.
- Demonstrates current comprehensive and professional knowledge
and skills in conformation with recognized nursing standards
including the Patient Bill of Rights standards for patient care and
the Nurse Practice Act.
- Able to perform a focused assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy, including pediatric, adolescent and
geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Able to adequately assess and reassess pain, utilize
appropriate pain management techniques, and educate the patient and
family regarding pain management.
- Monitors vital signs.
- Performs waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical
Laboratory's and according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct
administration within EHC policy and the LVN scope according to the
state of practice based on age of the patient and his/her clinical
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation
including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and
assessment of changes.
- Perform patient care in an environment that optimizes patient
safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care
- Interact professionally with patient and family.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients and families in accordance with ER standards.
- Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of
- Assist in cost containment through appropriate ordering and
conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain and use all instruments in the Clinical Laboratory
safely and correctly.
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain records on
- Perform calibrations in compliance with manufacturer's
- Ensures proficiency testing specimens are done in compliance
- Perform documentation of temperatures/humidity checks.
- Compliance with policies regarding send out lab
- Demonstrate knowledge of new testing methods, products and
instrumentation; remain informed on all current technologies.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies and submit orders for
restocking as needed.
- Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent
- Interacts professionally with all department members and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reference policy NU 013.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to regulations and ER
policies and procedures pertaining to safety, emergency
preparedness, infection control, OSHA, fire safety and hazardous
- Participate in performance improvement activities as
- Maintain confidentiality of patient related issues.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Treat all patients, visitors, and staff members fairly and with
- Utilize effective communication methods and skills.
- Explain all procedures, treatments, and care while remaining
aware of language barriers.
- Able to perform care in non-judgmental manner and recognize
discrepancies between patient and personal beliefs.Emergency Room
- Ensures personal appearance is clean and neat.
- Responsible for wearing identification at all times.
- Attends all required meetings and in-service education.
- Remains flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of
staffing conflicts; participates in temporary assignments.
- Compliance with attendance standards.
- Demonstrates flexibility when changes in assignments are
necessary.Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Must have 3+ years of Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Must have 1+ years of Emergency Room (ER) experience.Shift &
- Day Shift
- 6 AM - 6 PM
- Wednesdays (possibly weekly or biweekly)
Keywords: Exceptional Healthcare Inc., Port Arthur , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Day - PRN, Healthcare , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!