Registered Nurse (RN) - Night - PRN
Company: Exceptional Healthcare Inc.
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Emergency Room Nurse provides direct and indirect patient
care in the emergency care setting and provides care that reflects
initiative, flexibility, and responsibility indicative of
professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. The
Emergency Room Nurse is able to triage safely, rapidly and
accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care
system.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial
needs, as well as factors
- influencing patient flow through the system.
- Communicate with Emergency Department physicians about changes
in patient's status, symptomatology, and results of diagnostic
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- Maintain awareness of current ER operational policies and
procedures which impact position responsibilities.
- Demonstrate current comprehensive and professional knowledge
and skills in conformation with recognized nursing standards
including the Patient Bill of Rights standards for patient care and
the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with
other specialists as required and adjust nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy, including pediatric, adolescent, and
geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Able to use triage process to ensure timely and appropriate
care to patients and accurately assign triage categories.
- Able to adequately assess and reassess pain, utilize
appropriate pain management techniques, and educate the patient and
family regarding pain management.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cardiac monitoring to identify
- Able to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per
Clinical Laboratory's and according to patient care unit's policies
- Able to interpret the results of waived tests and take
appropriate action on waived test results.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical
- Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including
patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses, and
assessment of changes.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduce the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Interact professionally with patient and family and involve
patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Formulate a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluate effectiveness of learning, including family in
teaching as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for
patients and families in accordance with ER standards.
- Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of
- Assist in cost containment through appropriate ordering and
conserving of supplies and equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- At least 3-5 years of Emergency, Room Registered Nurse
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply; and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Basic computer skills
- EHR Documentation via EPOWERdoc
- Current Texas RN license or Compact License
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS Certification
- Professional Maturity: The ability to separate emotional
feelings from the real issues at hand
- Responsibility: The ability to accept choices you have made and
the results they have led to
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively;
actively listens to others and give feedback.
- Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability
following change initiatives.
- Intelligence: Understand information and apply new
SHIFT & SCHEDULE
- Night Shift
- 6 PM - 6 AM
- Varying Days, Wednesdays (possibly weekly or biweekly)
Keywords: Exceptional Healthcare Inc., Port Arthur , Registered Nurse (RN) - Night - PRN, Healthcare , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!