Customer Service - Donor Support Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description SummaryResponsible for preparing
the donor, donor area and equipment for the pheresis process.Job
- Prepares the autopheresis machine for the pheresis
- Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to
specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
- Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction donor may
have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate
- Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that
occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and
alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
- Uses PDA to link equipment and soft goods used in the pheresis
process to the appropriate donor.
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.Education
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredExperience
- Minimum of three (3) months' work experience, preferably in
medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculationsWorking
Conditions(physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needsAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsOur BenefitsWe
encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about at CSL.About CSL PlasmaCSL Plasma
is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work
helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able
to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because
lives depend on us. Learn more about .We want CSL to reflect the
world around usAs a global organisation with employees in 35+
countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more
about at CSL.Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Port Arthur , Customer Service - Donor Support Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!