Lead HR Associate
Company: Valero Energy Corporation
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Provides administrative support for assigned HR areas.
- Performs administrative duties, including greeting and
assisting guests and visitors, accepting delivered packages, acting
as main contact for building problems, and reserving conference
rooms, pool cars, and cell phones.
- Processes mail, answers and screen phone calls, makes copies,
and completes general typing assignments.
- Assists employees with questions pertaining to benefits,
policies, and payroll-related issues.
- Inputs data in HR Systems and SAP, including applicant tracking
- Works with Employment team to assist in the recruiting process
and ensure an orderly, complete, hiring process.
- Processes reference and background checks, and schedules
pre-employment drug screens on selected candidates.
- Prepares New Hire packets.
- Works on special projects as necessary, such as creating new
forms, completing word processing assignments, and producing
- Coordinates meetings and other Human Resources special
- Coordinates with employment agencies whenever temporary help is
- Makes travel arrangements, and maintains records, schedules,
- Effectively communicates with team members on an on-going
This position is salaried nonexempt status, which means you are
eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of general Human Resources experience required.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Human Resources, Business, or
related area preferred.
- Experience working in a refinery HR environment preferred.
- Experience using SAP preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card
(Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero's
policy that employees must wear this card at all times while
working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at
Position level and salary will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a
reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels
manufacturing and marketing industry. It's not just the excellent
benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it's
also the caring and committed culture of the organization that
makes everyone feel like they're truly part of a team. For more
information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status including sexual
orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with
Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Keywords: Valero Energy Corporation, Port Arthur , Lead HR Associate, Other , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!