Company: Savage Companies
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: May 31, 2021
At Savage, we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety record
and our commitment to Team Member success. Our SH&E Supervisor
will support operations by leading the Savage Safety Program and
training team members in industry best practices at the Petroleum
Coke Handling operations at Port Arthur Motiva and Total.
Our Team Members come to Savage for the daily challenge,
opportunities for growth, teamwork, our focus on safety, and
competitive pay, but they stay because of the outstanding culture
that exists here. A culture that encourages individuals to find a
better way and enables them to "do things they never dreamed
possible". Whether that is accomplishing new goals in your existing
position or working toward the next step in your career, you'll
find your path at Savage.
What you'll be doing:
- Works closely with the Operations Leadership and front line
team members in implementing all relevant portions of Savage's S7
- Works with the Service Support Center and Regional Business
Unit Leadership Team in the implementation of Savage's overall
- Works with the Unit SH&E Manager to develop training
materials and resources for all safety related training.
- Utilizes the S7i system to update the SH&E and Team Member
Training sections as needed.
- Supports customer VPP Star program (Total)
- Ensures our Team Members are hired right, trained right, and
treated right according to Savage policy.
- Supports Team Members in following proper safety rules and
processes by completing daily safety observations, customer field
audits, and verifying completeness of JSAs and adherence to
- Works with and supports the Safety Specialists team.
- Performs and follows-up on safety inspections, safety
observations, and audits.
- Leads Savage team on customer safety audits.
- Works with customer(s) to understand their safety expectations
and ensure a "No Worry" relationship in the safety areas.
- In the event of an incident, assists the Operation Manager to
ensure the safety of everyone involved, identify the Root Cause(s),
and makes corrections to eliminate repeat events.
- Ensures incidents are properly reported to internal and
- Participates in host sponsored contractor safety programs and
will serve on the customer's Contractor Safety Committee.
What you need to be successful:
- Previous PSM, refinery, conveyor, and/or barge experience a
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree in a
safety-related field is preferred.
- 3+ years working experience in industry.
- SH&E certification preferred (COSS, OHST, CSHM, CSMP,
- Ability to achieve ASP/CSP certification.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while managing time
effectively (able to plan, organize and implement around
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to the Savage
System. Demonstrates by example the safety standards and values of
- Understands or has been exposed to contractor safety programs,
basic safety training for hazmat and chemicals, and customer safety
- Communicates effectively both in front of a group or one-on-one
and with all levels of management.
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and
- Excellent people skills - good listener and communicator.
- Responds well to high-pressure situations.
- Has "Ownership" spirit.
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect and has
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer.
Additional information on our Veteran's Program, "Savage Patriots"
can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage,
please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
Keywords: Savage Companies, Port Arthur , SH&E Supervisor, Other , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!