Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The CNC machinist will machine metal parts and components
to repair pumps used in industrial settings, such as refineries and
factories. Our shop is always in motion, with tight deadlines,
challenging mechanical problems, and a customer-focused crew.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate HASS CNC milling, manual milling machine or
manual lathes as required.
- Inspect first articles, and verify the quality of the finished
work by using precision measurement tools and demonstrating an
in-depth understanding of specifications and quality
- Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and
- Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized
- Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems.
- Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents,
materials, and parts through the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve
problems relating to repairs and equipment.
- Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and
discuss work-in-progress Requirements:
- High School, GED or experience in lieu of education.
- 5 plus years' experience operating CNC equipment.
- Must be able to complete math problems quickly and
- Expertise required in machining 300-series stainless steel and
other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and
high chrome alloys.
- Familiarity with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine
tooling and processing required
- Skill required in using and interpreting precision measuring
- Strong blueprint reading skills required
- Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to
assess and explain quality concern to others
- Able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures
- An eye for detail to check drawings, part numbers, and
materials, and to correctly complete routers and other
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional
attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible
- Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able
to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions,
frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
\#COS Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Experience operating HASS CNC Lathe and CNC Mill a plus.
- Experience operating manual mills and lathes is a plus.
- Experience with control language and a solid understanding of
Espirit or similar programming software desired. Primary Posting
Location: Port Arthur, Texas US Other Posting Location: Houston,
Texas US; Job Posting Category: Operations Job Advertising Title:
Machinist Employment Type: Full time Country: United States Auto
req ID: 55480BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or
protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn
more.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Port Arthur , Machinist, Other , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!