Millwright Lead General Foreman - United States
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: February 19, 2019
Job Overview: ?Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings in establishments.?The role of a Lead General Foreman is to assist the Superintendent in providing leadership, direction and supervision of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work in a safe and productive manner. They plan, forecast and coordinate deliverables in line with quality, cost, specifications and industry standards.?This person is to have a full working knowledge of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes, safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or equipment).?Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:?
- Reads and interprets blueprints, layout plans, vendor installation and operation manuals, and other schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shaffing, conveyors and tram rails, using cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bobs.
- Must have knowledge of optical and laser alignments.
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe to grind, file and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- May install robot and modify its program using teach pendant.
- May use transit and level for equipment setting.
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Performs lubricating maintenance, cleaning activities, or repair of tools, machines, and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Plan and coordinate labor requirements.
- Evaluating performance against schedule.
- Closing out Punch list items as allocated.
- Advising Superintendent of any issues, impacts, risks or potential costs (financial or time).
- Creating, maintaining and updating short range look ahead.
- Maintain and monitor company and project specific HSE plans, ensuring awareness and compliance is asserted.
- Liaise, coordinate and supervise subcontractors, ensuring they conform to site operations, safety specifics and project requirements.
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Monitors and reports on cost and man-hour budgets.?Basic Qualifications:?
- NCCER or equivalent certification with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 48 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline, with minimum of 12 months experience at Foreman level.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- Experience in forecasting and planning of project requirements: equipment, materials, etc.
- Experience in creating short range look ahead for Foreman to execute.
- Experience in monitoring cost and man-hour budgets.
- Experience in executing the requirements and monitoring of the project deliverables.?Desired/Preferred Qualifications:?
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- Visualize objects in three dimensions form plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Perform a variety of duties, which may change often.
- Operate machinery.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Degree qualified in Construction or related topic beneficial but not required.
- Basic understanding of IT systems, including: Email, MS Office (Excel), etc.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in executing, monitoring and updating of construction schedules.
- Experience in adhering to, monitoring and implementing project HSE policies.
- Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks.?Other Details:?If applicable to the project, etc.?Physical Requirements:?NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)?Standing??F??Walking??F??Sitting??F??Pushing??NP??Pulling??NP??Climbing??O??Balancing??O??Bending??O??Stooping??O??Kneeling??O??Crouching??O??Crawling??O??Reaching??C??Handling??C??Fingering??C??Feeling?????Vision?????Hearing?????Lifting (lbs)?????Carrying (lbs)??????????? phone number removed> ??????????? phone number removed> ???????????25-50??35 lbs??25-50??35 lbs????????
Keywords: McDermott, Port Arthur , Millwright Lead General Foreman - United States, Other , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!