Scaffold Builder General Foreman
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: May 28, 2019
Job Overview: ?Builds, positions, and dismantles scaffolds and
temporary frame shelters according to sketches, blueprints, or
company standards.The role of a General Foreman is to assist the
Superintendent in providing leadership, direction and supervision
of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work
in a safe and productive manner. They plan, forecast and coordinate
deliverables in line with quality, cost, specifications and
industry standards.This person is to have a full working knowledge
of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes,
safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or
- Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring
tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil
- Saws plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares,
adjustable wrenches, hand saws and power saws.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and
planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job
- Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and
installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and
- May rig materials.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Plan and coordinate labor requirements.
- Evaluating performance against schedule.
- Closing out Punch list items as allocated.
- Advising Superintendent of any issues, impacts, risks or
potential costs (financial or time).
- Creating, maintaining and updating short range look ahead.
- Maintain and monitor company and project specific HSE plans,
ensuring awareness and compliance is asserted.
- Liaise, coordinate and supervise subcontractors, ensuring they
conform to site operations, safety specifics and project
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding
solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with
organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Monitors and reports on cost and man-hour budgets.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures within a particular field.
- Can rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision.
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of
- Capable of making decisions based on measurable criteria
- Ability to apply basic mathematics and solve problems
- Capable of planning work and select proper tools
- Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape and
form of lines, figures and objects
- Basic understanding of IT systems, including: Email, MS Office
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.Basic
- May require NCCER or equivalent certification with relevant
- May require written and/or practical testing.
- Minimum of 48 months documented field experience in chosen
craft discipline, with minimum of 12 months experience at Foreman
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and
- Experience in forecasting and planning of project requirements:
equipment, materials, etc.
- Experience in creating short and long range look aheads for
Foreman to execute.
- Experience in monitoring cost and man-hour budgets.
- Experience in executing the requirements and monitoring of the
project deliverables.?Desired/Preferred Qualifications:?
- Degree qualified in Construction or related topic beneficial
but not required.
- NCCER Certified Plus in Scaffolding
- Experience in executing, monitoring and updating of
- Experience in adhering to, monitoring and implementing project
HSE policies.?Other Details:If applicable to project, etc.Physical
Requirements:NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently
Keywords: McDermott, Port Arthur , Scaffold Builder General Foreman, Other , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!