Maintenance Supervisor - The Greens on Turtle Creek
Company: Greystone Property Management
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Greystone Property Management Corporation acquires, develops,
and manages multifamily low- income affordable housing properties
across the country. We have a proven track record for
re-positioning properties, and significantly increasing the
livability, desirability, and profitability of the apartment
communities we manage. Our professionals are dedicated to
developing and managing high-quality living environments. We
recognize the contributions of our teams and welcome individual
perspectives that drive the long- term development of our
organization.Our core values are: Integrity: The quality of
possessing and steadfastly adhering to high moral principles and
professional standards.Excellence: The quality or state of being
outstanding or extraordinary.Entrepreneurial:
Innovative/ground-breaking/unrelenting drive.Caring: Interested in
or concerned about the well-being of others."I started Greystone
not just to support my family but to surround myself with
likeminded individuals who could create a vehicle to help our
brothers and sisters in need."Steve RosenbergFounder and Corporate
Chief Executive OfficerOur fast-growing company is seeking to hire
a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. This position is the
senior level maintenance person on site and is responsible for all
the overall maintenance of the site including planning,
coordinating, budgeting, organizing, and maintaining the physical
needs of the site. This person will perform and direct other
maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of HVAC
systems, electrical/mechanical systems, plumbing, grounds,
structural elements, mechanical equipment, and refurbishment of
apartments. The position will report to the Property Manager and
will assist with generating satisfactory cash flow, positive
resident relations, and optimal resident retention.Essential
- Schedules, assigns and/or performs all maintenance functions,
including responsibility to complete service requests within 24
hours and refurbishing vacant units within five (5) business days
- Supervises, guides and schedules training, when necessary, of
all maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of HVAC
systems, electrical systems, mechanical stems, plumbing, grounds,
structural elements, motor vehicles and equipment
- Completes move-in and move-out inspections.
- Supervises and/or performs all work related to maintenance of
the property's curb appeal
- Implements cleaning and maintenance programs for grounds,
office/clubhouse, common areas and work areas.
- Schedules and performs regular inspections of all grounds,
structures and systems and corrects problems, if any
- Supervises and provides or schedules training for employee use
of company equipment and/or vehicle.
- Assists in the maintenance portion of the overall property
budget and ensures that all maintenance operating expenses remain
within the existing budget.
- Develop and implement an inventory control program along with a
preventative maintenance program.
- Responsible for expenditures within company guidelines
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day administrative operations
of the maintenance functions including the scheduling and
assignment of work, submission of reports and paperwork (invoices,
time sheets, new hire/termination information, employee counseling
and evaluations) and record keeping functions in a timely manner,
including sanding/salting and smoke detector battery replacement
- Purchases all maintenance supplies and materials in a
cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Prepares request for quotes and work scopes and follows company
procedure in obtaining bids on purchases or work to be
- Conducts inspections of contracted work - checking for the
quality and conformance with specifications and costs.
- Timely reporting of any property loss on liability related
incidents to the insurance company
- Timely reporting of any work-related injuries to the workers'
compensation insurance company
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations as well as
all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.Experience/Skills
- Three years progressive maintenance/repair of HVAC, pool,
mechanical, electrical, appliances, plumbing and grounds
maintenance in multi-family or commercial property
- Supervisory and training experience desired
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Math proficiency sufficient to assist in budget preparation,
expense monitoring and other maintenance needs.
- Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and
applicable program regulations
- EPA Designation/Certification is a plusSpecial Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to operate a two-axle motor vehicle.
- Ability to maintain 24-hour, on-call status.
- Ability to operate all necessary tools/equipment to perform the
essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards
and other environmental safety standards.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of
weather.What we offer:
- Opportunity for professional growth
- A culture unlike no other
- 401(k), company match
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursementEqual Opportunity EmployerAt Greystone, we
believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from
the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and
perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that
celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with
opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.Job Type:
Full-timePay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceAbility to commute/relocate:
- Port Arthur, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Greystone Property Management, Port Arthur , Maintenance Supervisor - The Greens on Turtle Creek, Professions , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!