Mechanical Technician-Port Arthur
Location: Port Arthur
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Mechanical Technical who will
be based at our Deer Park, TX location. The objective of the
Mechanical Technical is to ensure the safe and reliable operation
of our production facility. The Mechanical Technical will be
responsible for the identifying and completing planned and
unplanned maintenance work on rotating and mechanical equipment.
This person will work independently, make technical decisions, and
escalate technical concerns in the field.
- Performs a wide variety of skilled mechanical/millwright duties
to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify mechanical equipment
- Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment and systems
requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of
equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical
- Specific responsibilities include Safely troubleshoot, repair,
and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical
systems including compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler
systems, valves and the ability to perform equipment
- Plan and execute maintenance tasks, and completion of all
- Complete some repairs of mechanical piping systems including
threaded and welded pipe systems.
- Complete and document maintenance activities associated with
predictive and corrective maintenance activities in a computerized
- 5+ years experience in an industrial production
- Knowledge of skilled trades, Journeyman Millwright/Machinist
- High School education, associated degree preferred
- Ability to interpret equipment drawings required.
- Functional computer skills required.
- On-call ability required, 24/7 operations.
- Willing to support Praxair multiple facilities within the
Sulphur, West Lake, Port Arthur area. Opportunities may exist for
travel outside the region.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Port Arthur , Mechanical Technician-Port Arthur, Professions , Port Arthur, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!